How Glucose Effects Metabolism with Dr. Casey Means
Understanding glucose and glucose metabolism for better metabolic health. We discuss what the ideal glucose response looks like, and the difference between glycemic index, variability, and glycemic load of foods. What influences the glucose response and how to use strategies like nutrient timing and carbohydrates to control your response. As well as acute and chronic low-grade stress response, resistance training, sleep deprivation, and insulin.
Connect with Casey – @drcaseyskitchen @levels – https://www.levelshealth.com/
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Athletic Greens – athleticgreens.com/stephanie
- Orion Red Light Therapy – Use promo code STEPHANIE10 for 10% off – https://www.orionrlt.ca/?ref=Stephanie
- Lumen – Use promo code DRSTEPHANIE25 for $25 Dollars off – https://www.lumen.me/
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything (and in many cases give you a discount), but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
- 12:58 Casey’s Origin Story
- 23:02 What is Continuous Glucose Monitoring?
- 25:04 What is Glucose?
- 32:25 What Are The Normal Ranges Of Glucose?
- 39:40 Glycemic Index
- 49:57 Nutrient Intake and Timing
- 56:59 Stress And The Effects On Glucose
- 1:02:37 Breathwork Effects On Glucose
- 1:05:21 Resistance Training and Glucose
- 1:10:55 The Effects Of The Time Of Day On Insulin
- 1:13:00 Is There A Way To Calculate Average Insulin Using CGM
- 1:17:00 The Future Of CGM
More information about the book at The Betty Body Book
Join the Betty Booty Challenge
Join the Hello Betty Community here!