Ketosis & Immunity
The term “ketosis” has become wildly popular online. But what exactly does it mean and how does it affect your immunity? Dr. Stephanie reveals all that plus COVID-19, metabolic function, and the relationship between inflammation and immune function. You’ll hear all about the role of insulin dysfunction and excess adipose tissue and immune function.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Athletic Greens –athleticgreens.com/stephanie
- Orion Red Light Therapy – Use promo code STEPHANIE10 for 10% off – https://www.orionrlt.ca/?ref=Stephanie
- Lumen – Use promo code DRSTEPHANIE for $25 Dollars off – https://www.lumen.me/
- LMNT Electrolytes – FREE 7 flavor sample pack at http://drinklmnt.com/DrEstima
- PRIMEADINE – Code DRSTEPHANIE10 for 10% off – https://oxfordhealthspan.com/discount/DRSTEPHANIE10
- Ancestral Supplements – Use Promo code “Tribe10” to take 10% off any purchase https://shop.ancestralsupplements.com/discount/Tribe10?rfsn=5900205.652074&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=5900205.652074
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything (and in many cases give you a discount), but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
Let’s connect on social!
Find me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.stephanie.estima
And visit our Membership Site: https://hellobetty.club/
- 5:53 Introduction
- 7:43 Inflammation and Immune Function
- 9:20 COVID-19
- 13:20 Therapeutic Ketosis
- 18:08 Ketosis and Metabolic Function
- 24:02 Insulin
- 26:20 Adipose Tissue
- 34:46 Fiber and Carb Timing
- 38:26 Estima Diet
- 42:49 Conclusion
Studies Referenced: https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/advance-article/doi/10.1093/ajcn/nqab270/6369073
Find out a ton more resources in my book The Betty Body
Join the Betty Booty Challenge
Join the Hello Betty Community here!