The new year is just around the corner and every woman who’s on a mission to eat and look better in 2022 has one thing on her mind…
Let’s talk about the question du jour – fat loss.
Now, oftentimes the terms “fat loss” and “weight loss” are used interchangeably in the industry.
But the truth is that they are not the same thing.
You don’t want to lose weight because that would mean losing muscle and bone mass.
What you want to lose is fat – specifically, that white adipose tissue a.k.a the jiggle around the button of your jeans that doesn’t serve you.
So let’s have a look at how you can do that.
Let me share with you the factors that are making you gain fat.
- Sleep deprivation
- Poor blood glucose regulation
- Constant cardio
- Too much high-intensity training for women – those drive up your adrenaline and cortisol
- Inflammation – caused by things like vegetable oils, too much processed foods, and annoying conversations with people you don’t like but feel obligated to invite and/or spend time with.
- Emotional inflammation – chronic low-grade stress you may not even be aware you’re living with – this can be simply the stress of “OMG, I ate a chocolate bar I’m such an idiot!”
How many of those can you spot in your life?
Now, let’s look at what you can do to become a fat-burning machine.
- Stop beating yourself up over eating cake, a cookie, or whatever sugary thing may be – you’re human. The self-hatred you’re imposing on yourself is doing worse damage than the sugar itself.
- Perform fasted cardio – the morning is the best place for this. Do a light bike ride, go for a walk or a jog before your first meal. Add a shot of espresso for a bump in fat burning and ketone production!
- Add resistance training to your regimen to stimulate the build of lean muscles which are extremely effective in burning fat. The heavier you can lift, the better! And I promise you, you will not look like The Hulk.
- Clean up your diet and make sure to include lots of green, cruciferous veggies, resistant starches, good quality proteins, and healthy fat
- Go for a walk after a big meal or lift some weights. I do kettlebell swings with my kids. No, I mean with my kids – I swing them around for exercise and they love it! This will get your muscles going and the nutrients (carbs particularly) will go towards building your muscles versus being stored as fat.
- Finally, cold exposure – when you take a cold shower for 30 seconds for example, go for a cold swim, or (this is what I do) wear a bikini in your backyard in the middle of January in Canada – you’re amplifying your fat-burning capacity.
I recorded a whole podcast episode for you on this subject so we can dive real deep.
And if you’re looking for a step-by-step guide to start burning fat and keep the fire going for well, the rest of your life…
Check out my signature Estima Diet.
This is the diet that I’ve followed for as long as I can remember.
And it’s also helped tens of thousands of women shed the last 10lbs they’ve been carrying for the last 20 years.
Hope you found those strategies helpful!
I love you, don’t stress – lift your weights, eat your fats, and let me know if you have any questions!