Episode 155: How To Get A Better Night’s Sleep
Do you struggle with a good night’s sleep? We look at what we do when we are awake that can positively or negatively impact sleep quality and the role of early morning light exposure and blue light exposure. We also discuss effects of caffeine consumption and adenosine, exercise, the role of the liver, and how to supplement to improve sleep.
Geeky Magic is a new type of episode I’m adding to the line up to take a step away from the interviews. I’m going to bring you personal insights, FAQ’s, and trending topics in a more condensed, quick, and actionable way. If you ever have a question about anything, I have a Facebook group where I address listener questions! Make sure to join the Facebook Group.
- 0:30 Introduction
- 6:30 How What We Do When Awake effect’s Our Sleep
- 9:20 Effects Of Caffeine
- 20:46 Cortisol
- 24:55 Early Morning Light Exposure
- 33:18 Peripheral Oscillators and The Liver
- 38:03 Exercise
- 40:00 Sunset and Blue Light
- 42:52 Supplementation
- 47:49 Conclusion
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Athletic Greens – athleticgreens.com/stephanie
- Orion Red Light Therapy – Use promo code STEPHANIE10 for 10% off – https://www.orionrlt.ca/?ref=Stephanie
More information about the book at The Betty Body Book
Join the Betty Booty Challenge
Join the Hello Betty Community here!