Heal Your Gut And Discover What Your Bowel Movements Should Look Like
Talking about your bowel movements as part of your overall gut health picture is essential. And yet, the topic is still something of a taboo. In this episode, Dr. Stephanie and Dr. Mary Pardee get into the details you’ve always wanted to know but perhaps didn’t feel comfortable asking about. You’ll find out what a normal bowel movement should look like, how fasting and your period affect it, and ways to aid the process mechanically. They’ll guide you through recognizing the symptoms of poor digestive health including IBS and SIBO, as well as the intricate connection between your brain, emotions, and gut.
- 7:30 Introduction
- 12:15 Mary’s Origin Story
- 18:00 What Is A Normal Bowel Movement
- 25:46 Fasting, Periods And Bowel Movements
- 28:19 Mechanical Aids Like Squatty Potty
- 30:53 Signs and Symptoms of Poor Digestive Health
- 37:30 SIBO and Hyper Impermeability
- 45:35 Problems With Elimination Diets
- 55:44 Trauma and Sympathetic Tone
- 1:07:50 How To Improve Your Mental Health
- 1:13:21 Cephalic Phase Of Digestion
- 1:20:47 How To Adopt Mindful Eating With Family
- 1:25:40 The Gut And The Immune System
Join the Hello Betty Community here: https://hellobetty.club/membership/
Athletic Greens – An exclusive offer for the listeners of the Better! Podcast
Orion Red Light Therapy – get 10% Off your order with Promo Code “STEPHANIE10”
Lumen – get 25% Off your order with Promo Code “DRSTEPHANIE25”
Ancestral Supplements – get 10% Off your order with Promo Code “TRIBE10”
PRIMEADINE – get 10% Off your order with Promo Code “DRSTEPHANIE10”
LMNT Electrolytes – A FREE 7-flavour sample pack!
Some of the links on this page are affiliate which means that making a purchase through them won’t cost you anything – in fact, you get a discount for being a valued listener to the Better! Podcast. We do receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast and we thank you for that!